Picture Packets and/or money need to be returned to the school this week. You may purchase the whole packet for $42 or individual sheets for $12. If you do not intend to purchase pictures, the packet needs to be returned to your child's school, so you will not be billed by Lifetouch for the photos. Please have them returned by Friday, May 15th.- Ms. Heath
TESTING IS HERE
The STAAR and EOC State Testing Assessments will be coming up soon. Here are some tips for a successful day.
1. Get plenty of sleep. Try to get to bed early before testing days.
2. Eat a good breakfast
3. Have a positive attitude
4. Read/listen to directions carefully. If you are not sure of something raise your hand and ask for clarification/explanation if possible. We want you to be successful.
5. Take your time. Depending on the test, you may have 4 or 5 hours so don't rush and review your answers if you can.
Chillicothe High School Principal, Tony Martinez has been selected as the Region 9 Principal of the Year! Mr. Martinez was nominated at the TASSP state meeting during the summer. There are 38 school districts in Region 9, with a range of 1A-5A campuses. Chillicothe High school was in the top 3 Region 9 schools academically last year, and is in the top 10 of the State this year. Mr. Martinez has been principal of CHS since the 2007 school year. Congratulations Mr. Martinez, we are proud of you!!!
The 2013-14 Accountability Ratings have been released. Both campuses met standards on Student Achievement, Closing Performance Gaps, and Post-secondary readiness. The elementary campus received Improvement Needed on Student Progress. The JH/HS also received Distinction Designations in the following areas: Academic Achievement in Reading/ELA, Science, Social Studies, and Top 25 Percent Closing Performance Gaps. The campus received a total of Four Stars!!! This is the second year Chillicothe ISD has Met Standard and received distinctions. We are proud of our students, faculty and staff!
• 7:50 am to 3:35 pm High School Hours
• 7:50 am to 3:30 pm Elementary Hours